How To Create A Simple Editorial Calendar
Ready for another simple content marketing 101 lesson?
I hope so because today I'm sharing how I set up my editorial calendar. This handy tool is something I dreaded creating because I thought it would add a layer of complication to my life and business.
However, the OPPOSITE has happened!
The beauty of my editorial calendar:
- It's given me structure (which creative, soulful people need. We seriously do.)
- It's meant less chronic decision-making (which is typically the root of my stress).
- It's a road map for dark times when I just want to busy myself with passive action - a sneaky thing I do to distract myself from completely freaking out during business plateaus.
- It's helped me become consistently useful to my audience and clients - which is the heartbeat of my business.
If you're new to my content marketing blog series, here's what we've covered so far:
Today, I'm trying something new. VIDEO!
(Disclaimer: this experiment is totally at the edge of my comfort zone:)
Because I'm visual, I tend to learn much faster when someone shows me rather than gives me a list of directions. Just a heads up, the video is about ten minutes long so go grab a cup of tea before you hit play.
The Cliff Notes:
- I created a Google Sheet within Google Drive.
- It's just a bunch of columns. You can make columns:)
- Helps you keep track of marketing experiments + publishing notes.
- Can see which days of the week are great days to publish to your audience.
- Customize your calendar to fit your publishing schedule and marketing plan!